Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ can of chickpeas, strained
- 1 bunch of scallions, sliced
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 10 slices of baguette bread
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Drizzle the bread with 1-tablespoon olive oil and toast in oven. Set aside.
- Pour sauce in an oven-proof skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, sauté spinach with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper until wilted.
- Add spinach to sauce. Top with eggs, salt, and pepper, and gently simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add scallions and cheese to the skillet.
Place skillet in the oven and finish cooking until eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve with toasted bread.