Ingredients 2 Servings
- 1 jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto sauce
- 1 baguette, sliced thin on an angle
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 plum tomatoes, small diced
- ½ cup fresh basil, julienne
- ½ cup, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Place slices of baguette onto a sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil, bake in oven until golden brown and slightly crispy.
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, lemon zest, tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Gently fold everything until well incorporated.
- Once the crostinis are out of the oven spread the creamy pesto sauce on each crostini and top with an even portion of the chicken/pesto mixture. Top with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Place back into the oven and bake until cheese is melted and chicken has warmed through.