- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons Barilla® Basil Pesto, divided
- 2 multigrain bread slices, toasted
- 2 mozzarella cheese slices, cut 1/3-inch thick
- 1 small boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 slices plum tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Toss chicken with 1 tablespoon pesto, salt and pepper to taste. Grill chicken until fully cooked (approximately 6-7 min. per side).
- Meanwhile, grill bread on one side until toasted (approximately 30 seconds). Remove bread from the grill, spread remaining pesto onto un-grilled side of the bread.
- Assemble sandwich layering one slice of cheese, chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and bread.