Grilled Chicken Salad with Barilla® Basil Pesto
Give this hearty and veggie-packed pesto grilled chicken salad a try!
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 4 servings
- ½ jar Barilla® Basil Pesto, divided
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ red onion
- 1 10-ounce bag Romaine lettuce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled egg, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1Preheat grill to medium heat.
2Toss chicken with half of the pesto; season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until thoroughly cooked (approximately 6-7 minutes each side). Remove chicken from grill and let cool (about 10-12 minutes).
3Once cooled, slice chicken into strips on a cutting board and transfer into a small bowl.
4In a large bowl, add lettuce then arrange: red onion, tomato, cucumber chicken, avocado, feta, and egg. Mix remaining pesto with lemon juice, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
5Toss grilled chicken in with pesto vegetables and serve.