Ingredients 4 Servings
- 8 ounces Italian blend salad [Mix greens, Radicchio, Arugula]
- 1 red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ pound salami
- ½ cup Italian parsley leaves
- ½ jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 4 tablspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
To assemble salad:Soak sliced onion in a bath of icy water for half hour.
- In a big bowl mix salad with chickpeas, tomatoes, salami and drained red onion, reserving ¼ of each ingredient on the side.
To make dressing:In a separate bowl, mix all the ingredients for dressing together.
- Stir in the salad mix well.
- Garnish the salad with all the ingredients reserved on the side and parsley leaves.