Zucchini’s mild flavor takes on a slight sweetness when it is sautéed. The zucchini is rendered with extra virgin olive oil, onion, bell peppers and simmered with Barilla’s Premium Marinara Pasta Sauce. The sauce is gently combined with Barilla’s Ziti pasta to create a balanced dish perfect for weeknight meals.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Ziti
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté zucchini, pepper and onion in olive oil for 4-5 minutes or until slightly browned.
Add sauce and bring to a simmer.
Add ½ cup of pasta cooking water and stir to combine
Drain pasta and combine with the sauce, garnish with cheese before serving.