Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ¾ pound breakfast sausages, casings removed
- 1 pound frozen peas
- ¾ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta 1-2 minutes less than package directions. Set aside 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile in a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil, garlic and chili flakes over a medium heat.
- Add sausage, break up the meat in the pan, and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add peas, ricotta and pesto to the skillet, mix to combine.
- Add drained pasta to the skillet with a couple of tablespoons of pasta water until it coats all of the pasta. Mix well using a pair of tongs. Season with salt and pepper then add in cooked meat.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.