- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons Barilla® Basil Pesto
- 1 fresh Ciabatta roll, halved
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 small handful baby spinach
- 2 slices plum tomato
- 1 mozzarella cheese, 1/3-inch sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place Ciabatta roll on a baking sheet and toast in oven until edges are light brown and crispy (approximately 3-5 minutes). Remove roll, brush with pesto and set aside on a plate.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Pour in egg whites and season with salt and pepper. Cook until done (approximately 2-3 minutes), flipping once.
- Place tomato slices on the bottom half of the Ciabatta, then egg (folding in half if necessary), cheese, spinach, and then place other half of roll on top.