Ingredients 4 Servings
- ½ box Barilla® Ditalini
- 1 jar Barilla® Tomato Basil sauce
- 1 jar Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut 1 inch
- 64 Fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 3 cups butternut squash, diced
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In large soup kettle, bring broth to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add celery, carrots, and garlic; sauté for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender, stir in tomato basil sauce, bring to a boil then remove from the heat; slowly add to the broth.
- Add beans, squash, onions and bay leaf to the broth.
- Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add pasta and asparagus; cook an additional 7 minutes, season with salt and pepper
- Let rest 20 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle each serving with Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto and cheese (optional).