This recipe was created by Binjal Pandya on behalf of Barilla®.
Ingredients 4 Servings
For the Pesto Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
For the Salad
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed wooded stem and semi boiled
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and boiled
- ½ cup baby potatoes, halved and boiled
- 1 medium carrot, sliced ¼ cup green peas
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5-6 radishes, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup Niçoise olives, pitted or Kalamata green olives
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a small bowl combine pesto vinaigrette ingredients, mix well with spoon and set aside.
Arrange all veggies on big serving plate. Just before serving spread prepared pesto vinaigrette over veggies and sprinkle salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Do not over boil veggies; you can blanch to retain the green color.
- You can add beans such as back-eyed beans or chickpeas.