Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow red pepper
- 2 tomatoes on the vine
- 5 green olives
- 5 black olives
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Season peppers and tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast in the oven with the eggplant until all are thoroughly cooked and slightly browned. (About 25 minutes for the tomatoes and 35 minutes for eggplant and peppers.)
- Place peppers in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let sit 10 minutes. Then peel and cut in 1-inch large strips.
- Place the sauce in an oven-proof skillet, bring to a boil, place vegetables and olives over the top, add eggs and gently simmer for three minutes.
- Place in the oven and finish cooking until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt, pepper and add parsley over the top, serve with toasted pita bread.