Smashed Parmesan Cauliflower with Rustic Basil Pesto
This recipe was created by Binjal Pandya on behalf of Barilla®.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 cup Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup sour cream for serving
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnishing
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450° F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add cauliflower and boil about 5-6 minutes until cauliflower is a bit firmer than al dente. Check with a knife. Once cooked properly, drain.
Line a baking sheet with parchment pepper. Place each boiled floret and smash gently with potato masher, do not over mash just smash.
Spray or brush olive oil over smashed cauliflower. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Roast 12-15 minutes and then broil for 7-8 minutes until golden and crisp on top.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
Sprinkle Parmesan then top with pesto.Garnish with parsley and red pepper. Serve with sour cream and enjoy.