This recipe was created by Lex Daddio on behalf of Barilla®.
Ingredients 1 Servings
- 1-2 tablespoons Barilla® Creamy Ricotta & Arugula Pesto
- 1¼ up all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, frozen
- ½ cup ice-cold water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ zucchini, sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2-3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 egg
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Using a cheese grater (the large holes), grate in the butter. Mix everything together with your hands until incorporated.
- Add in water and mix dough together. Knead into a ball for about 1 min. Then, flatten into a disc, cover in plastic and store in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Remove chilled dough from the fridge and roll out on a clean surface with flour to prevent sticking.
- Place the flattened dough on a baking sheet covered in parchment.
- Cover the base of the galette with a spread of pesto (leaving room around the edges to fold over the crust). Add zucchini and tomatoes. Fold the crust over.
- Whisk egg and paint on the crust. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle on goat cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.