- Total fat
- total carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Veggie Rotini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, cut julienne
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces Pancetta (may substitute bacon), diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet cook pancetta until it’s rendered and crispy.
- Remove from skillet and drain on a paper towel.
- Add olive oil to the same skillet and caramelize the onions, about 5-6 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than the package directions.
- Drain pasta reserving 1 cup cooking water.
- Add pasta to sauce and toss.
- Remove from heat and toss with half the pancetta and half the cheese.
- Top with the remaining pancetta and cheese then serve.