Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Veggie Spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 cup water
- ¾ pound ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soak the bread in ½ cup water for 1 minute.
- Squeeze out all of the water and add the bread to the ground turkey. Add half the cheese, garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Form the meat into quarter-sized balls.
- In a large skillet, slowly cook the meatballs in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Add the marinara sauce and ½ cup of water and reduce to medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce and meatballs, and then top with cheese.