Barilla® Veggie Spaghetti
& Turkey Meatballs
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Veggie Spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 cup water
- ¾ pound ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soak the bread in ½ cup water for 1 minute.
3Squeeze out all of the water and add the bread to the ground turkey. Add half the cheese, garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and mix everything together.
4Form the meat into quarter-sized balls.
5In a large skillet, slowly cook the meatballs in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
6Add the marinara sauce and ½ cup of water and reduce to medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
7Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce and meatballs, and then top with cheese.