Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Whole Grain Elbows (alternatively, use Barilla® Classic Blue Box Elbows)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 bunches asparagus cut on a bias
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup Asiago cheese shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, sweat shallots in olive oil for three minutes over medium heat.
- Add asparagus, tomatoes, salt and pepper; sauté over high heat for two minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with the sauce.
- Shred cheese over the top and serve.