- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Whole Grain Linguine
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 3 cups cauliflower
Broil peppers for 15-20 minutes or until skins are blackened and blistered, turning occasionally. Once cooled, remove skins and seeds. Cut into thin strips and set aside.
[Note: For faster preparation time, jarred roasted peppers may be substituted]
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until slightly yellow. Add cauliflower florets and sauté for additional 3-4 minutes. Add roasted bell pepper strips to the skillet and sauté for more 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup of cooking water.
- Toss pasta with the sauce and veggies in the skillet. If needed, add some cooking water. Add parsley and mix well.
- Top with cheese before serving.