Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 1 head Romanesco broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup prepared beets, sliced and quartered
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss romanesco florets with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and crushed red pepper; place on nonstick baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until tender and browned.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water.
- Place pasta and pasta water back in saucepan over medium heat. Add roasted romanesco and season to taste. Turn heat to low and keep pasta mixture warm.
- In separate skillet sauté beets in remaining olive oil over medium heat to warm through, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Divide into eight bowls and top pasta mixture with beets and cheese.