Whole Grain Spaghetti with Chicken Carbonara
Try this delicious take on the traditional carbonara recipe by using whole grain pasta, sautéed chicken, and peppers.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in small pieces
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the chicken thoroughly with rosemary and red pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks, 1/3 of the cheese, and two spoons of boiling water (this can be taken from the pasta water). Season with salt. Set aside. Remove rosemary sprig from the chicken.
- Combine the cooked pasta in the pan with the chicken. Remove from heat. Add the egg yolk mixture. Combine well and garnish with remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper.