Whole Grain Spaghetti with Chicken Carbonara
Try this delicious take on the traditional carbonara recipe by using whole grain pasta, sautéed chicken, and peppers.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Whole Grain Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in small pieces
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to boil.
2In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the chicken thoroughly with rosemary and red pepper.
3Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water.
4In a bowl, mix egg yolks, 1/3 of the cheese, and two spoons of boiling water (this can be taken from the pasta water). Season with salt. Set aside.
5Combine the cooked pasta in the pan with the chicken. Remove from heat. Add the egg yolk mixture. Combine well and garnish with remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper.