A larger version of Barilla Medium Shells with a shape that resembles a shellfish, Large Shells are inspired by the sea-side towns of Naples and Genoa.
Large Shells are great with vegetable-based sauces and heartier meat or tomato-based sauces.
01. Bring 4 -6 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add salt to taste, if desired.
02. Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently.
03. Return water to a boil. For authentic "al dente" pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 14 minutes. For more tender pasta, boil for an additional 1 minute.
04. Remove from heat. Drain well.
05. Serve immediately with your favorite Barilla sauce.
For Salads: Rinse with cold water after draining.
To prepare half package: Use 3 quarts of water. Cook according to directions above.
Large Shells Pasta Salad with Swordfish, Olives, Capers and Oven Dried Tomatoes creata daGarbia