Mezzini Rigatoni combines the heartiness of traditional Rigatoni – a cut that is most commonly used in Southern and Central Italy – with a smaller size, which makes for a charming variation of an old favorite. It’s sure to delight your family and friends.
Barilla Mezzi Rigatoni, a shorter version of Rigatoni, is a surprisingly fun and versatile pasta shape.
The large diameter and ridges of Mezzi Rigatoni make it ideal for retaining sauces on the entire surface, inside and out! Try Mezzi Rigatoni with chunkier meat or vegetable-based sauces, refined dairy-based sauces. Mezzi Rigatoni is also delicious in baked casserole dishes, known as pasta al forno.
01. Bring 4 - 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste.
02. Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently.
03. Return to a boil. For authentic "al dente" pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. For more tender pasta, boil an additional 1 minute.
04. Remove from heat. Drain well.
05. Serve immediately with your favorite Barilla sauce.
Mezzi Rigatoni with Eggplant and Sweet Peppers creata daGarbia