Tyrolean Canederli (Bread Dumpling Soup)di Academia Barilla
Didn't you find all the ingredients? Would you like to experiment with variations?
Look at the table and replace the original ingredient with the alternative one. Pay attention to the quantities which could be different.
|ORIGINAL INGREDIENT||ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENT||QUANTITY|
|Speck||Bacon||3 ½ ounces|
2. Cut the bread into evenly sized cubes
3. Place the bread cubes in a bowl with the diced speck, chopped chives and chopped parsley, freshly grated nutmeg and beaten eggs and mix well
4. Add milk to soften until the mixture can be kneaded
5. Season with salt and pepper and mix well until combined and more compact
6. Add some flour to absorb any excess moisture and mix well
7. Using two teaspoons, form small dumplings, about the size of a walnut
8. Bring the meat broth to a boil
9. Drop the dumplings into gently boiling broth and cook for 15 minutes