- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 340g Barilla Farfalle
- 250g ripe truss tomato, cut in 1 cm cubes
- 1 chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 30g Dijon mustard
- 1 cucumber, remove seeds and cut in 0.5cm cubes
- 120mls Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 zucchini, cut in 0.5 cm slices
- 1 carrot, cut in 0.5 slices
- 1 baby eggplant, cut in 1 cm slices
- 10 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Rock salt, for pasta water
MAKE THE DRESSING
To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, chili, crushed garlic, mustard and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
COOK THE PASTA
Bring a pot of water to the boil, add the rock salt, we recommend 7 grams per litre of water. Drop the pasta in and stir. Cook following the instructions on the box and drain.
GRILL THE VEGETABLES
Meanwhile, grill the zucchini, carrot and eggplant, then cut into strips. Place the tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl ready for the cooked pasta to be tossed through.
PREPARE THE SALAD
Toss the drained pasta with the tomatoes and grilled vegetables. Pour the dressing and gently stir through. Mix until the pasta and vegetables are evenly coated, finish with fresh basil and serve.