WITH MUSHROOMS AND CHRISTMAS HAM IN RICOTTA SAUCE
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
A delicious way to use your leftover Christmas Ham.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 350g Barilla Fusilli
- 1 jar Barilla Ricotta sauce
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g Christmas ham, cut in strips
- 1 punnet button mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1 TO START
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Once boiling add rock salt, we recommend 7 grams of rock salt per litre of water.
2 COOK THE MUSHROOMS
1. In a large fry pan, cook the onion and garlic in a little oil. Once golden, add the mushrooms, season and cook for 5 minutes.
3 ADD THE HAM
1. Add the Christmas ham and Ricotta sauce, bring to a simmer with the lid on for 5 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
4 COOK THE PASTA
1. Add the Barilla Fusilli to boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the box. Drain the pasta one minute before the suggested cooking time.
5 COMBINE AND SERVE
1. Toss the drained pasta with the sauce and cook for a further minute. Serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.