A delicious vegetarian meal the whole family will love.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 500gr Barilla Fusilli
- 1 jar Barilla Ricotta sauce
- 1 eggplant, diced
- ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 10 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 50gr Grana Padano, grated
- 1 large buffalo mozzarella, diced into 1.5cm cubes
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Rock salt, for pasta water
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Once boiling add rock salt, we recommend 7 grams of rock salt per litre of water. Drop the Fusilli into the boiling water and cook as per the instructions on the box.
MAKE THE SAUCE
In a large fry pan heat some oil, add the eggplant and cook until soft. Add the cherry tomatoes and stir. Next add the Barilla Ricotta sauce and bring to a simmer.
DRAIN THE PASTA
Drain the pasta one minute before the recommended cooking time, saving one ladle of cooking water. Toss the pasta and pasta water in with the sauce and cook for the final minute.
COMBINE AND SERVERemove the fry pan from the heat and add the torn basil leaves, Grana Padano and buffalo mozzarella. Allow the mozzarella to melt, drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive oil and serve immediately.