A delightful and fresh pasta meal, with a hit of chilli.
- TOTAL FAT
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 360g Barilla Penne Rigate
- 1 jar Barilla Arrabbiata Sauce
- 1/2 brown onion, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 80g tinned tuna, in olive oil
- 250g ripe truss tomatoes, on the vine, quartered
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- 80ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 30g capers, in brine
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
In a large saucepan, bring plenty of water to the boil. When the water is boiling, add rock salt (we recommend 7g per litre of water).
PREP THE SAUCE
In a large fry pan, cook onions in some olive oil. Once onions are golden, add garlic, capers, and a small ladle of water. Then, add the Arrabbiata sauce and bring to a simmer.
COOK THE PASTA
Once the water is boiling, cook the Penne according to pack instructions. Stir for the first two minutes.
COMBINE AND SERVE
Drain the pasta two minutes before the suggested cooking time and toss it together with the sauce and fresh tomatoes. Remove from the heat then add the tuna, chopped basil and lemon zest; serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.