GLUTEN FREE SPAGHETTI WITH PESTO GENOVESE
CHICKEN AND CHERRY TOMATOES
- Gluten Free
Barilla Gluten Free pasta tastes just like regular pasta, so the whole family can enjoy it together.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients for 4 people
- 340g Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla Pesto Genovese
- 80g pancetta, skin removed and finely chopped
- 1 leek, diced 0.5cm cubes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g chicken breast, skin off, diced 1cm cubes
- ½ glass of white wine
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat a large fry pan, add oil and pancetta. Next add the leek and garlic and cook together for a few minutes until golden. Add the chicken and season to taste.
ADD THE WINE
Add the wine and allow it to evaporate. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes on a low heat. Stir occasionally.
COOK THE PASTA
Bring plenty of water to the boil in a large sauce pan and add rock salt. We recommend 7 grams per litre of water. Once boiling, drop the Gluten Free Spaghetti in and cook as per the instructions on the box.
DRAIN AND MIX
Drain the pasta 2 minutes before the suggested cooking time, saving one ladle of cooking water, and toss the pasta together with the chicken mixture for a further minute.
ADD PESTO AND SERVE
Remove pasta from the heat, stir through the Pesto Genovese and cooking water, mix until well combine. Serve with a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil.