- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 250g Barilla Egg Pappardelle
- 1 jar Barilla Napoletana sauce
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 250g lamb meat, (should or leg) diced in 1cm cubes
- ½ glass of red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 juniper berries
- 150ml chicken stock
- 80g goat cheese
- 40ml reduction of balsamic vinegar
- 60ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
In a large deep fry pan, add oil and gently cook the onions, garlic, carrots and celery.
BROWN THE MEAT
Once golden, add the meat and brown, then add the wine and allow it to evaporate. Add the bay leaf and juniper berries, then the stock.
ADD THE SAUCE
Simmer for 7 minutes, then add the Napoletana sauce. Season to taste.
COOK THE PASTA
In a large pot, bring plenty of salted water to the boil, 7g of salt per litre of water, add the pasta and cook according to pack instructions. Leave for 2 minutes before stirring.
Drain the pasta 2 minutes before the suggested cooking time and toss with the sauce. Add the cheese and stir together.
Serve with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar reduction.