WITH LAMB RAGU', GOAT CHEESE & BALSAMIC VINEGAR REDUCTION
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 250g Barilla Egg Pappardelle
- 1 jar Barilla Napoletana sauce
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 250g lamb meat, (should or leg) diced in 1cm cubes
- ½ glass of red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 juniper berries
- 150ml chicken stock
- 80g goat cheese
- 40ml reduction of balsamic vinegar
- 60ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Rock salt, for pasta water
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
1 TO START
In a large deep fry pan, add oil and gently cook the onions, garlic, carrots and celery.
2 BROWN THE MEAT
Once golden, add the meat and brown, then add the wine and allow it to evaporate. Add the bay leaf and juniper berries, then the stock.
3 ADD THE SAUCE
Simmer for 7 minutes, then add the Napoletana sauce. Season to taste.
4 COOK THE PASTA
In a large pot, bring plenty of salted water to the boil, 7g of salt per litre of water, add the pasta and cook according to pack instructions. Leave for 2 minutes before stirring.
Drain the pasta 2 minutes before the suggested cooking time and toss with the sauce. Add the cheese and stir together.
Serve with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar reduction.