How to Reheat Frozen and Refrigerated Lasagna
We suggest freezing lasagna leftovers in individual servings. This will help maintain the original structure of each portion.
How to Reheat Frozen Lasagna in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unwrap the lasagna piece and place it on a microwavable and oven-safe dish.
- Thaw the lasagna in the microwave on the defrost setting for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove it from the microwave, cover with foil and bake it in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 160°. Hearing or seeing the edges sizzling is usually a good indication that it is nearing or at the desired internal temperature.
How to Reheat Lasagna in the Microwave
- Reheat individual portions one at a time.
- Place a single serving of lasagna on a microwave-safe dish and drizzle a little extra sauce or water on top to keep it moist while it cooks.
- Then, cover the dish and microwave the lasagna at medium heat for 1 to 1 ½ minutes.
- Check to see if it is warmed all the way through—if it isn’t, continue to microwave it at medium power in 15-second increments until completely heated.
How to Reheat Refrigerated Lasagna
Refer to the instructions above for oven or microwave.
- If using the oven to reheat refrigerated lasagna, skip step 2.
- If using the microwave, check the lasagna after 1 minute in step 3.