This gourmet twist on a classic creamy Mac and Cheese recipe uses Al Bronzo Fusilli pasta, lobster tails, and crispy breadcrumbs.
Barilla Al Bronzo pasta is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
Ingredients for the Pasta:
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo™ Fusilli pasta
- 1 12-ounce lobster tail, diced
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 cup aged yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
In a skillet over medium/high heat add butter and breadcrumbs. Cook for 30 seconds or until golden brown. Add garlic, parsley, and Parmigiano for an additional 15 seconds, remove from the pan and set aside.
In a skillet add olive oil, lobster, and old bay seasoning. Cook lobster until browned, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter and cook over medium heat making sure it doesn’t turn brown. Stir in flour; cook for two minutes.
- In a separate saucepan add milk and bring to a simmer, making sure not to scorch the bottom of the pan. Whisk warm milk into butter/flour mixture. Whisk in the cheese then season the sauce with salt and white pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta well and add pasta with the sauce, return ¾ of the lobster to the pot and mix well. Garnish with remaining lobster and breadcrumbs.