- 77 g
- 28 g
- 28 g
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Elbows
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Béchamel Sauce: Heat milk until hot in a small saucepan. In a separate small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour with a wire whisk and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add hot milk gradually to butter and flour mixture, mixing with a wire whisk until smooth and thickened. ADD beaten egg, 2/3 of the cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix until cheese is melted; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and spinach. Sauté 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add spinach to béchamel sauce and set aside.
- Cook Elbows for 4 minutes. Drain and add to béchamel sauce; mix well.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.