Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Fettuccine
- 6 Artichokes
- 1 Fresh Lemon, Juiced
- 2 ounces Italian Pancetta, Sliced Thin
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, Minced
- 3 ounces Pecorino Toscano Cheese, Shaved
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Italian Parsley, Chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Prepare artichokes by slicing 2 inches off the top and removing ½ of the tough outer leaves. Slice artichokes into quarters and remove the fuzzy inside choke using a spoon. Place artichokes in a bowl of water with the juice of one fresh lemon to prevent browning.
- Slice artichokes into thin slices.
- Puree pancetta in food processor.
- Heat ½ of the olive oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta, minced garlic, salt and black pepper. Sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add sliced artichokes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Cook Fettuccine 2 minutes less than the recommended package cook time. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking water. ADD drained pasta to skillet and toss with sauce, adding reserved pasta cooking water. Cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Transfer to serving platter. Garnish with chopped parsley and shaved Pecorino cheese.