Fettuccine Pasta with Italian Sausage, Leeks & White Wine SauceThose seeking Italian sausage pasta recipes need not look farther for a more tasty creamy fettuccine recipe that's ready in a snap. Fans of leek pasta recipes have plenty to celebrate here as well! Combine al dente fettuccine, leeks, Italian sausage, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and a white wine pasta sauce to complete this savory, hearty dish. If you're looking for a break from traditional fettuccine alfredo, this white wine pasta recipe with sausage is it!
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Serves 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage, crumbled
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Remove casing from sausage and brown in a large skillet with the olive oil.
- Add leeks; cook for 3 minutes and deglaze with white wine. Cook until liquid reduces by half.
- Add the half and half, salt, and black pepper; simmer 5 minutes.
- Cook fettuccine pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss with the pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese on the Italian sausage fettuccine pasta and garnish with parsley before serving.
- Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with parsley before serving