Orzo Pasta with Mushrooms & Leeks Instant Pot Recipe
This Instant Pot recipe features Orzo pasta with the delectable combination of mushrooms, leeks and herbs.
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Orzo
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms [oyster, Portobello, domestic]
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated [optional]
1Note: Cook times do not include time for releasing.
Set up Instant Pot according to manufacturer's instructions.
2Set Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Sauté mushrooms with oil, garlic, thyme and leek for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3Turn off Instant Pot.
4Add pasta and water. Close lid and valve. Set time to 7 minutes on low pressure setting and cook.
5Depressurize in full by opening valve then open lid carefully.
6Stir in parsley, butter, and cheese before serving.