Warm Mediterranean Penne Pasta Salad
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 head fennel, sliced thin
- 1 zucchini, sliced half moon
- 1 yellow squash, sliced half moon
- 1 cup asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fennel fronds
- salt and pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the directions.
2Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat and add the vegetables, sauté for 1-2 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
3Add the red wine vinegar and deglaze the pan.
4Drain the pasta and let is slightly cool down.
5In a large bowl, combine the vegetables with pasta, toss with herbs and garnish with cheese.