- Total Fat
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 3 bunches broccoli rabe
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- red pepper flakes to taste
- ½ cup Romano cheese grated
- Bring two 1-gallon pots of water to a boil.
- In the first pot, add a bit of salt and baking soda.
- Cook broccoli rabe tops for 10 minutes, discarding the thick stems.
- Drain, set aside and when cooled down chop roughly.
- Meanwhile in a skillet sauté crumbled sausage with 2 tablespoons olive oil until brown, then add garlic and red pepper cook one minute.
- Stir in cooked broccoli rabe.
- In the second pot, cook pasta two minutes less than package directions and drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Toss pasta and sauce in a skillet with some cooking water until the sauce is coating the pasta and pasta is perfectly cooked.
- Stir in cheese and remaining olive oil before serving.