- 4 g
- Total Fat
- 6 g
- Total Carbs
- 3 g
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Penne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot sauté onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add broth, bring to a boil then add broccoli and cream. Cover and steam until broccoli is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Let the broccoli cool down then puree in a blender until smooth, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté sausage with remaining olive oil until thoroughly cooked, add pasta cooking water and pasta, turn off the heat and fold in cheese.
- To serve: Place broccoli sauce on the plate topped with sausage penne.