Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 2 lemons, juiced to yield ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, whisk together half of the olive oil, cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Sauté garlic with the remaining olive oil, cool down and add to the cheese lemon mixture then set aside.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Add pasta to the lemon sauce, and toss with the basil and lemon zest.
Add ¼ cup of reserved pasta cooking water at a time and toss the pasta to moisten.
Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to bowls and serve.