Ingredients for 7 people
- 1 box Barilla® ProteinPLUS® Penne
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup ground hickory smoked bacon
- 1-28 ounce can peeled tomatoes
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to taste, grated
- 10 basil leaves
- Sauté the onions along with half of the olive oil and bacon.
- Add tomatoes, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, salt and black pepper and simmer for two more minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and toss with the sauce.
- Top with cheese and basil before serving.