Homemade Pizza Recipe with Rustic Basil PestoTired of the same old homemade pizza recipe? Then give this pesto pizza recipe a try! Replace tomato sauce with rustic basil pesto and top with sweet heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and freshly ground pepper for a for a tantalizing twist on your usual pie. Pizza night will never be the same!
Ingredients for 4 people
- 3/4 jar Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto, divided
- 1 ready-made 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 5 basil leaves, sliced thin
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Place pizza crust onto a cookie sheet. Top with ½ jar of pesto and spread evenly.
- Gently place the tomatoes around the pizza, season with salt and pepper and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fully cooked and cheese is bubbling and melted.
- Remove pizza from the oven then drizzle with remaining pesto and garnish with basil.