Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto, divided
- 8 6-inch wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 2 pounds shrimp, 16/20 ct. peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 yellow squash, ½ inch sliced
- 2 zucchini, ½ inch sliced
- 1 red pepper, ½ inch sliced
- 1 red onion, ½ inch sliced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Soak skewers in water for 15-20 minutes to prevent burning.
Pre-heat grill to med/high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place shrimp in a small bowl then toss with half of the pesto jar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Alternate shrimp, squash, zucchini, pepper and onion on the skewers. Brush pesto over the vegetables.
Cook skewers on preheated grill, turning and basting with pesto for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.