Ingredients 4 Servings
- 4 tablespoons Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto, divided
- 1 loaf artisanal bread, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 bunch basil
- 4 ounces salami, sliced thin
- 6 ounces prosciutto, sliced thin
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- On the bottom-half of each piece of bread, layer meats, then cheeses, followed by 1 or 2 slices of tomato.
- Cover the tomato slices with a small handful of basil leaves.
Wrap the sandwiches with parchment paper and tie a piece of string around them.