This traditional Naples dish combines classic tomato pasta sauce with garlic, capers and anchovies to create a fantastic flavour combination.
- TOTAL FAT
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATES
Ingredients 2 Number of Servings
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 160 g Barilla Spaghetti
- ½ jar Barilla Basilico Sauce
- 20g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50g anchovies, pounded in a mortar with a pestle
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 25g black olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 25g salted capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
COOK THE PASTA
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Once the water is boiling, cook the Spaghetti according to the instructions on the pack
PREP THE SAUCE
In the meantime, heat a large saucepan and melt the butter and olive oil. Then add the thinly sliced garlic and pounded anchovies. Once the garlic starts to brown and the anchovies have dissolved, add the olives, capers, and tomato sauce. Cook over high heat for a few seconds, stirring continuously.
COMBINE AND SERVE
Drain the Spaghetti when it is cooked al dente and transfer it to a serving bowl. Toss the sauce and the pasta together until combined. Serve hot.