GRILLED LAMB CHOPS
WITH PESTO GENOVESE AND COUS COUS SALAD
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
- 8 lamb chops
- 1 jar Barilla Pesto Genovese
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 80ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 200g cous cous, precooked
- 20ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut in 0.5cm cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 50g pitted black Italian olives, cut in half
- 30ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 TO STARTBring stock to the boil in a saucepan, then remove from the heat and add the cous cous. Cover with cling wrap and stand for 5 minutes.
2 FLAVOUR THE COUS COUSGently heat a little oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and capsicum and cook for a few minutes. Add the cous cous, season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Keep warm.
3 MAKE THE DRESSINGFor the dressing, combine the lemon juice and Pesto Genovese in a bowl and keep aside.
4 BARBECUE THE MEATPreheat the barbecue and cook the lamb chops on the grill for 4 minutes each side.
5 SERVESpread the Pesto on the lamb chops, serve with the cous cous salad and finish with a drizzle of the Pesto dressing.