Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 medium size zucchini, small diced
- 2 pints multicolor cherry tomatoes
- 3 slices lemon, 1/8th inch thick
- 8 ounces feta cheese, (1 block)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 15 leaves fresh basil, torn
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts, shelled, roughly chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place zucchini, tomatoes, lemon, and oregano in a baking dish, season with salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place feta right in the center, bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. One minute before pasta is ready add ½-cup cooking water to freshly baked feta, and with a spoon smash the cheese.
- Drain pasta then mix well with veggies. Stir in basil, drizzle with remaining oil and combine well again.
- Top with pistachios before serving.