- TOTAL FAT
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Farfalle
- 4 cups ½-inch cubes butternut squash
- 8 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 2 tbs Water
- ½ cup, grated Parmigiano
- Salt to taste
Alfredo Sauce ProcedureBring milk and cream to boil, lower the heat and add garlic powder. Meanwhile dilute corn starch with water, add to the sauce along with salt, whisk well and simmer for two minutes. Turn off heat, stir in cheese
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste, the Farfalle, and the butternut squash; stir gently.
- Cook pasta and butternut squash 11 minutes; remove from heat and drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water; set aside and keep warm.
- In same large pot warm the Creamy Alfredo sauce on low, stirring frequently.
- Stir pasta, squash, and sage into the Creamy Alfredo sauce. If needed, stir in up to 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water to reach desired consistency; serve topped with Parmesan.
- Customize it: Stir in shredded rotisserie chicken for a protein boost that doesn’t require washing another dish.