Cooking Tip: This lasagna recipe uses a combination of three cheeses: Mozzarella, Parmigiano Reggiano, and Ricotta. If you are pushed for time, any cheese from your local supermarket works well for this recipe. If you want make this dish extra special for the holidays, a trip to a local cheese shop with be well worth your time. Local shops have specialized selections of cheeses that are rich in flavor and will add lovely depth to all of the elements of this dish!
Ingredients 12 Servings
Ingredients for 12 people
- 1 Box Barilla® Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 2 jars Marinara Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef or sausage, browned
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and brown meat until cooked through; season with salt and pepper. If desired, add the wine (optional) and continue cooking until liquid has reduced by half, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, and Parmigiano cheese. Stir well.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour one cup of sauce on the bottom of the dish; spread evenly. Place 3 sheets of Barilla's no boil lasagna noodles side by side (sheets will expand while baking to the ends of the dish).
- Pour 1 cup of sauce and 3/4 cup of cheese mixture on the first layer. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella and 1/3 cup of the cooked meat. Repeat for 3 more layers.
- For the final layer, top with 3 lasagne sheets, add remaining sauce and top with cheese mixture and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake additional 5 minutes to brown the cheese. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.