- Total FAT
- Total CARBOHYDRATE
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Rigatoni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano or Castelmagno cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound frozen Porcini mushrooms, thawed, cubed (may substitute button mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stirring constantly cook for 3 minutes. Heat milk and add all at once to flour mixture.
- Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly or until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Stir in half of the cheese and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until it turns yellow.
Add mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add mushrooms to cheese mixture; mix well.
Cook Rigatoni in salted water for half the recommended cook time. Drain pasta.
Add pasta to sauce. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes, then serve.