Ditalini Soup Recipe with White Beans
Try this protein-packed, crowd-pleasing, easy Italian pasta soup recipe to melt the chill away. Ditalini pasta serves as the main source of pleasing bite in this plentiful harvest.
Ditalini Pasta Soup with White Beans
Similar to Pasta e Fagioli, this pasta soup features ditalini, Cannellini beans, tomatoes, and parsley. Unlike Pasta e Fagioli, which is often a vegetarian soup recipe, this White Bean Ditalini Soup calls for chicken broth to highlight its protein content and the earthy flavors each ingredient has to offer. You'll appreciate this bean and pasta soup's protein content and rich flavors!
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Serves 6 people
- 1 1/2 cup Barilla® Ditalini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 19 ounces can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped and divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided and freshly grated
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and beans; heat to simmer.
- Stir in tomatoes, pasta, 2 tablespoons parsley, oregano, pepper and salt.
- Boil 10 to 12 minutes or until ditalini is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining parsley and ½ cup cheese.
- Serve with remaining cheese.