Barilla® Ditalini Soup with White Beans
Try this protein-packed crowd-pleaser to melt the chill away.
- Total Fat
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 1/2 Cup Barilla® Ditalini
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1 Cup Carrot Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 32 Fl. Ounces Chicken Broth
- 19 Ounces Cannellini Beans Canned Drained Rinsed
- 4 Large Plum Tomatoes Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Italian Parsley Chopped Divided
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper Freshly Ground
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese Divided Freshly Grated
1Heat olive oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat.
2Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
3Add broth and beans; heat to simmer.
4Stir in tomatoes, pasta, 2 tablespoons parsley, oregano, pepper and salt.
5Boil 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
6Stir in remaining parsley and ½ cup cheese.
7Serve with remaining cheese.