Barilla® Medium Shells
with Cherry Tomatoes, Basil & Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Medium Shells
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 leaves basil, julienned
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, cook onion in olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and sauté for 3-4 minutes until blistered.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions, drain and toss with sauce and ½ cup pasta cooking water.
- Remove from heat and add basil and cheese.
- Stir to combine and serve.